Mr Robert Heggie
- Research Associate (Health Economics & Health Technology Assessment)
HEHTA, Institute of Health & Wellbeing, 1 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G12 8RZ
Robert is a Research Associate working in the health economics and health technology assessment (HEHTA) research group here at the University of Glasgow. He has over 6 years experience working in this field, and is currently working towards a PhD in health economics and HTA.
Robert joined the University in November 2014 as a trainee Research Assistant within HEHTA. He has an MSc in Economics from the University of Birmingham and an MA in Economics from the University of Glasgow. Prior to taking up this role as a Research Assistant, Robert worked as an assistant economist with Fife Council and the Scottish Government (Civil Service).
Robert's work is mainly focused on i) economic evaluations alongside clinical trials, and ii) developing long-term economic models, including meta-analysis, and survival analysis and predictive modelling. He has worked on a diverse range of topics and disease areas including: cardiovasular disease, oncology, diabetes and pre-term labour. He have also been involved in reviewing new product applications for the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC).
The focus of Robert's PhD is on the implementation of health technologies and how by considering implementation early within the HTA evaluation process we can ensure that promising health tehcnologies are effectively translated from research findings into routine clinical practice.
If you would like to discuss collaboration or project supervision, please feel free to contact Robert via e-mail or Twitter (@robheggie1).
Robert is involved in a range of teaching here within HEHTA, including contributing towards the development and teaching of the following courses on our MSc programme;
- HTA in a Global Context
- Introduction to Statistical Methods
- Data Science
- Introduction to Survival Analysis
He is also tutor on our annual CPD courses:
- Decision Analytic Modelling for Economic Evaluation
- Evidence Synthesis for Health Technology Assessment
Professional activities & recognition
Selected international presentations
- 2017: ISPOR 20th Annual European Congress (Glasgow, UK)
- 2017: 3rd European Stroke Organisation Conference (ESOC) (Prague, Czech Republic)
- 2019: European Health Economics Association (EuHEA) (Porto, Portugal)
- 2019: Health Economists' Study Group (HESG) (Norwich, UK)