Miss Naomi Donald
- Research Technician (Institute of Molecular Cell & Systems Biology)
- Significant theoretical knowledge in Plant Biology and numerous techniques in the field of Plant Physiology. These include: aseptic plant growth techniques, germination assays, drought and salt tolerance experiments, crossing of Arabidopsis thaliana, plant tissue culture, nicotiana Benthamiana infiltration and use of confocal microscope to detect movement of fluorophores in plant tissue.
- Split-Ubiquitin Based Membrane Yeast two hybrid method to identify protein-protein interactions.
- Protein synthesis and purification including western blot analysis.
- PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR
- Preparation of vectors, gene constructs and competent cell for use by the research group and international collaborators.
- Using Computer Software (vector NTI) as a tool for working with nucleic acid sequences in silico.
- Mentoring students to complete scientifically relevant work in a designated time frame.
- General laboratory management (COSHH, Risk Assessment, Purchasing)
Plant membrane proteins and Plant Molecular Biology focusing on the model organism Arabidopsis thaliana.