Dr Mafalda Viana
- Senior Research Fellow (Institute of Biodiversity Animal Health & Comparative Medicine)
Pathogens don’t live in a vacuum; they interact with their hosts, complex communities of other pathogens within their hosts, and with the environment. My research aims to identify the best disease management strategies to employ across these varying contexts using both statistical and theoretical approaches. I am also interested in most areas in ecology, but I particularly enjoy confronting models with large datasets because the knowledge gained and consequent impacts can be so high.
Further Information - http://mafaldaviana.wordpress.com/
Grants and Awards listed are those received whilst working with the University of Glasgow.
- Towards malaria elimination: destabilizing shrinking mosquito populations
European Research Council
2020 - 2025
- Brucellosis in Kenya - Modelling Transmission & Interventions Across Systems
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
2018 - 2019
- Ecology of insecticide resistant vectors: consequences for the effectiveness of malaria control strategies
Medical Research Council
2016 - 2019
- From observation to intervention: overcoming weak data with new approaches to complex biological problems
2016 - 2019