Articles on equality and diversity in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Medicine) and Athena SWAN.
- The October 2014 edition of our Institute podcast & blog, Naturally Speaking, explored 'Gender inequality in Science'. In the podcast, researchers in the Institute discussed the evidence for women being underrepresented in scientific research and why this bias exists. They then explore the Athena SWAN Charter, and how we might reverse any bias and promote more diverse working environments.
- Nature News special edition: Women in science
- Science Online 2014 conference: Women in science – reaching equilibrium
- Athene Donald's blog
- The Guardian: Why women leave academia
- THES: Athena SWAN gender equity charter spreads across the sector
- House of Commons Science & Technology Committee report: Women in Scientific Careers [PDF], and a response to this report from ScienceGrrl - a grassroots organisation championing women in science
- Research Councils UK: Briefing on Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave and Pay
- Nature Research Highlights: Why women talk less at conferences