Dr Cameron McIntyre
- AMS Scientist (Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre)
- Environmental geochemistry and advanced instrumentation, especially interfaces for hyphenated techniques.
- Development and application of methods and instrumentation for gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Analysis of petroleum hydrocarbons and natural organic matter in environmental samples.
- Preparation of journal of articles and reports
- I am a multidisciplinary team member that requires minimal supervision
- Assistant Professor, Biogeoscience, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 2013 -2015
- Research Fellow, Laboratory of Ion Beam Physics, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 2012 -2013.
- Postdoctoral Investigator and Research Associate, WHOI, USA, 2008-2012.
- Consultant, Australian Antarctic Division, 2006-2007.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Environmental geochemist and technical support), CSIRO Petroleum, Australia, 2003-2006.
- Ph.D., Macquarie University, Australia, 2003. Thesis title - The Characterisation and Electrospray Ionisation Mass Spectrometry of Selected Aquatic and Terrestrial Humic Substances.
- B.Sc. Honours (Class One), Macquarie University, Australia, 1996.
- B.Tech. (Environmental Geochemistry), Macquarie University, Australia, 1994.
- Green Innovative Technology Award, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 2009. $65K to develop a 15N-GC-IRMS system.
- Matthias Sieber (MSc), ETH Zürich, 2014
- Ulrich Hanke, PhD committee, University of Zürich
- Bao Rui, PhD thesis committee, ETH Zürich
- Franziska Lechleitner, PhD thesis committee, ETH Zürich
- McIntyre, C.P., Sylva, S. and Roberts, M.L. (2009). Gas chromatograph-combustion system for 14C-accelerator mass spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry. DOI: 10.1021/ac900958m
- Cameron P. McIntyre and Sean P. Sylva, (2013) US Patent No. US8448493 B2. Gas chromatograph-combustion system and method for mass spectrometry.
- Camilli, R., Reddy, C.M., Yoerger, D.R., van Mooy, B.A.S., Jakuba, M.V., Kinsey, J.C, McIntyre, C.P., Sylva, S.P., Maloney, J.V. (2010) Tracking Hydrocarbon Plume Transport and Biodegradation at Deepwater Horizon. Science Express, doi: 10.1126/science.1195223.
- Mann, P.J., Eglinton, T.I., McIntyre, C., Zimov, N., Davydova, A., Vonk, J.E., Holmes, R.M., Spencer, R.G.M (2015) Utilization of ancient permafrost carbon in headwaters of Arctic fluvial networks. Nature Communications, doi:10.1038/ncomms8856.
Manuscripts reviewed for the journals: Environmental Science and Technology, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, Marine Chemistry, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Organic Geochemistry, Environmental Pollution, Energy & Fuels and Chemosphere. Grants reviewed for: NASA and NSERC.