Aims of the programme:
- Provide you with up-to-date postgraduate training in the theory and practice of structural engineering and mechanics
- Assist the structural design and assessment processes to move away from empirical conventions and to base them on a more realistic predictions of structural behaviour and a more realistic descriptions of the loading environment
- To develop the ability to address open-ended problems creatively
- To develop generic problem-based learning skills and transferable skills relevant to employment and life-long learning
- During the programme students have an opportunity to develop and practice relevant professional and transferable skills, and to meet and learn from employers about working in a wide range of industries.
- If you intend to pursue a career in this specialist area of civil and structural engineering, in design consultancies and elsewhere, or if you want to transfer from other engineering disciplines, this programme is designed for you. It provides the advanced education required for the structural engineers of tomorrow.