Service Delivery Risk and Resilience MGT5353
- Academic Session: 2021-22
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course introduces students to risk management in operations, specifically in service delivery organisations, and allows them to debate and critically analyse how organisational resilience can be enhanced. Various risk management tools and techniques are introduced and applied in practice. Case studies are utilised as a means of bringing the subject to life.
Lectures 2h x 7
Practical classes and workshops 2h + 3h
Fieldwork: 2h x 1
Report 100% - Individual report 2500 words - Addresses all ILO's
This course aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop confidence and skills in the application of the principles of risk management and resilience in service delivery settings.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Appraise the need for risk and business continuity management within service delivery organisations
2. Identify, evaluate and implement appropriate risk management methodologies in a service delivery setting
3. Compare and critique different ways that risks can be managed - and resilience enhanced - in service delivery organisations
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.