Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management MGT5175
- Academic Session: 2021-22
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
This course aims to provide participants with a detailed understanding of contemporary issues that human resource managers face in contemporary business.
Lectures in semester 2
The summative assessment will consist of a 2,500 word essay.
Main Assessment In: April/May
This course aims to provide participants with a detailed understanding of contemporary issues that human resource managers face in contemporary business, for example talent management, strategic human resource management and leadership development.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Identify and explain contemporary challenges in human resource management
2. Critically appraise the importance of contextual issues e.g. size of organisation, when consider the challenges faced by human resource managers
3. Critically examine appropriate literature on key topics
4. Critically review the human resource management systems and tools available to address key challenges
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Generic Regulations Apply.
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.