MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Marketing Management BUS5004
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
The course will introduce MBA students to the concepts and activities associated with the marketing function within an increasingly complex and digital business environment. The course will build students awareness of tools and frameworks of marketing to use in a managerial career involving physical and digital interactions.
This course will be delivered through a series of interactive lectures/workshops over 4-6 weeks in semester 1, with sessions lasting up to 3.5 hours per session.
A 2500 word individual assignment (60%) and a 90-minute case study based examination (40%)
The aim of this course is to build student awareness and understanding of both the role of marketing within organisations and the fundamental concepts, tools and frameworks of marketing management, to equip them with the skills to then manage physical and digital marketing interactions across both B2C and B2B environments.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
At the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Synthesise knowledge and understanding of the tactical, philosophical and strategic role of marketing in organisational success.
2. Research, evaluate and critique contemporary understanding of trends shaping the organisational marketing management function and its intended markets and stakeholders.
3. Synthesise a working knowledge of the marketing management framework and the tools and techniques used in its implementation
4. Identify and evaluate developing challenges to established thinking in the area of marketing management.
5. Apply tools and frameworks to a variety of marketing situations.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
The minimum requirement for the award of credits is the submission of at least 75% by weight of the course's summative assessment (including any examinations).