About Living Support
Image taken prior to COVID-19
Your Living Support Team is made up of a Warden, Senior Living Support Assistants (SLSAs) and Living Support Assistants (LSAs). They are current University of Glasgow staff and students who live on site and provide out of hours support to residents. They were all new to the University at one point too and have lots of advice and experience to share with you.
What can the Living Support Team help with?
The team are fully trained and happy to help with a range of issues:
- Settling into university life and independent living,
- Getting to know your halls and the local area,
- Health concerns, First Aid, Mental Health First aid, and accessing medical help,
- Need someone to talk to or feeling homesick,
- Course worries, exam stress, and managing a work/life balance,
- Noisy neighbours, getting along with flatmates,
- Fire safety and responding to fire alarm activations,
- Arranging emergency repairs out of hours.
They also organise regular events for you to meet new people, try new things, and experience what Glasgow has to offer.
They want you to make the residence your own and shape the activities that take place, so the team are always keen to know your ideas. They're there to host events that you'd like to see as well as support you to create your own socials for residents of the hall.
How can I reach the Living Support Team?
The team are on call from 6pm to 8am (6:30pm at Student Apartments) Monday to Friday and 24 hours at weekends. Out with these hours your Site Management Team are on hand to help.
The quickest way to reach the team is by phone. Depending on your needs and what you’re most comfortable with, you could be offered support over the phone, at your flat or in a safe and private space at the residence such as the office.
If you’d like to speak with the team about something that isn’t urgent, you can also visit them in the office from 6-7pm (6:30-7:30 at Student Apartments) daily or send them an email.
Contact details for the Living Support Team and the Site Management Team can be found on our Meet your Living Support Team page.