Freshers’ Week will be a mix of on-campus and online activity running from 12-18 September 2020. It’s completely free.
There’s a great selection of in-person events, including:
- campus tours
- tours of the west end of Glasgow
- scavenger hunts
- sports fayre
- outdoor clubs and societies fair
- introductions to our student unions.
You can also make friends, take part in sports, discover a range of workshops, learn more about our societies and view performances online.
UofG Sport is open on campus with enhanced safety measures from 2 September. If you become a member, you can book one 50-minute long session per day in each of the following areas:
- Pulse cardio gym
- Powerplay strength gym
- Sports hall with a range of equipment
- Swimming pool lanes.
Booking is available 48 hours in advance. Classes will also be available using the same booking method.
Book a space or a class, access live online classes and stay up to date with the latest information about in-person activities and facilities by downloading the Sport App.
Catering on campus
We have implemented a range of measures to make it possible for you to access catering at various outlets across our campuses.
On Gilmorehill campus
- Café service is available on Level 3 of the University Library, Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
- The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club is open Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
On Garscube campus
- The Barn in the Mary Stewart building is open Monday-Friday 8.30am-2.30pm
Please use contactless payment.