What is EdShare? - a brief summary
EdShare is a resource for collaboration and sharing of materials used in teaching and learning at the University of Glasgow. The resource is for University staff who are involved in supporting students in their learning, to organise, manage, share and collaborate on the everyday resources that they use in their teaching.
EdShare enables the University community to make resources visible to colleagues and students across the University and the World. These resources may be very simple in format, e.g. PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and PDF files – or they may be more complex learning objects combining a range of file formats.
EdShare is intended to be complementary to other University systems such as Moodle and T4. It offers:
• Easy upload and secure storage of teaching and learning material
• Ability to upload multiple file types
• Ability to upload large file (e.g. 1 Gb)
• Sharing of and collaboration on resources
• Easy embedding of links in Moodle and T4
• Version control
• Search and browse options for viewing content
EdShare is also in use at the Universities of Southampton and Glasgow Caledonian.