Office 365 is (almost) ready for you
As part of delivering the University IT strategy on mobile working and communication, IT Services are pleased to announce that Microsoft Office 365 will soon be available to students and staff.
You will be able to access:
- Office suite downloads & apps - five copies for PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Android™, iPad®, and Windows tablets.
- One Drive for Business - 1 TB of cloud storage. You can share with anyone you wish. Microsoft plan to make this unlimited by the end of 2015
- Office Online view, create and edit Office documents using only a browser
Office Suite downloads & apps
The office downloads can be used on any of your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile devices – you manage which devices through the Office 365 portal.
TIP: Use a PIN to protect your devices from casual unauthorised use.
Standard Staff Desktop users, already have Office installed.
If you would prefer to use Office 2013 in work then use Run Advertised Programmes.
OneDrive for Business
Staff can use the University’s OneDrive for any content except personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act. For more inforamtion visit Personal Data.
Using your Office downloads, apps and office online you can easily access your documents on any connected device from anywhere.
You can share folders and files on your OneDrive with colleagues. You can also share with anyone outside the organisation
- Securely, if they also have a Microsoft account,
- You can send a link to their email address. Be aware that the shared file can be read by anyone who has the email.
Office 365 works cross platform and on any browser but Microsoft recommend using Internet Explorer 11 for the best experience.
We will let you know when it’s ready - IT Services
First published: 7 September 2015