On Your Feet Britain
On 24 April, workers across Britain are being challenged to sit less and move more as part of the ‘On Your Feet Britain’ campaign, writes Ger Malcolm, creator of the University's GET UP! Yammer group.
There has been research suggesting sitting for prolonged periods of time can be detrimental to your health.
The ‘On Your Feet Britain’ challenge is an opportunity to move more during your working day and encourage your colleagues to do them same.
Suggested ways to move more include:
- Take regular breaks from your computer, stand up, stretch and walk around the office.
- Make phone calls standing up.
- Use the stairs.
- Have standing or walking meetings.
- Organise a lunchtime walk
- Walk to work, or get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way.
The campaign is run by Get Britain Standing and the British Heart Foundation.
To sign up to the challenge visit Get Britain Standing.
First published: 13 April 2015