Fines and charges
Check your fines in your Library Account
The Library does not charge fines for the late return of overdue books.
We'll send you an email before your items are due, if you don't return them on time, you'll receive an email asking you to return or renew.
When items are more than 35 days overdue (14 days for items borrowed from another library through Inter-Library Loans) you will be billed for the cost of replacement.
- Overdue recalled items - 20p per day
- Overdue/recalled Inter-Library Loan items - £1 per day
- Inter-Library Loan renewal fee - £5.70 per item
- Standard replacement cost of a lost book - £25
- Standard replacement cost of a lost/damaged Inter-Library Loan book - £185.50
- Non-collection/consultation of Inter-Library Loan item - £5
- General Council/Special Reader ILL request charge (per item) - £15
How do I pay?
Online - contact the Library for more information
In-person - cash, credit/debit card or cheque at Library Services
Post - by cheque made payable to "University of Glasgow" send to:
Glasgow G12 8QE