LEADS exists to support and enhance student success across the University of Glasgow by developing effective learning and teaching practices, effective people, and effective institutional strategies and responses to national and strategic imperatives and initiatives.
Developing effective learning and teaching practices
The Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service supports and promotes the development of:
- coherent programmes and courses of study to engage students and enhance their learning
- effective and innovative learning and teaching practices of both students and staff, informed by research and scholarship, supported and enhanced by learning technology
- assessment and feedback practices which lead to excellent student learning
- evidence-based approaches to the enhancement of learning and teaching activities.
Developing effective people
The Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service works collaboratively across the institution to:
- Support students in transition into, through and out of university
- Encourage students and staff to work effectively in partnership in learning and teaching
- Develop, recognise, and embed excellent teaching
- Support students and staff to investigate and enhance learning and teaching.
Developing effective institutional strategies and responses to national and strategic imperatives and initiatives
The Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service will take a lead on:
- Developing and embedding strategic and national priorities in learning and teaching
- Collecting, evaluating and disseminating good practice
- Providing expertise, advice and guidance to inform strategic direction around learning and teaching
- Promoting and enhancing the status of learning and teaching at the University of Glasgow, nationally and internationally.