Lilius, Zacharias: Orbis breviarium.
[Venice: Johannes and Gregorius de Gregoriis, de Forlivio, ca. 1505]
4to. A6 b-i8 K8 l-m8 n4.  leaves.
ISTC il00220000; GW M18353; Goff L220; BMC(It) p.378.
|Shelf-mark:||Sp Coll Ferguson An-x.20 (see main library entry for this item )|
|Provenance:||Antonio Seripando (1486-1531), Neapolitan humanist: probable owner; his library at his death passed to his brother, Girolamo Seripando; see Laura Nuvoloni 'A book from Parrhasius’s library', Cambridge University Library Incunabula Project blog, 11 May 2010 (https://inc-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=25).
Girolamo Seripando (1493-1563), theologian, General of the Congregation of S. Johannes ad Carbonariam, and Cardinal Legate at the Council of Trent: inscription on n3v “.F. Hieronymi seripandi”; his entire library gifted to the Augustinian convent of S. Johannes ad Carbonarium, Naples, in 1536.
Naples, Augustinian Hermits, S. Johannes ad Carbonariam: inscription on A1r “Ad usu[m] S. Joannis ad Carbonaria[m]”.
George C. Harvey (d. before 1885): armorial bookplate (Franks 13994-5) on front pastedown with manuscript date 1831; “a gentleman long resident in Rome” according to the sale catalogue, Catalogue of the library of the late George C. Harvey ... (London: Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge, 16 Jan. 1885); lot 284, sold to Quaritch for £0.2.0 according to the annotated British Library copy of the sale catalogue - shelfmark S.C.S. 883(2); the Bodleian copy of the auction catalogue has an annotation on the title-page noting that Harvey’s library was “left to his nephew, the Rev. H.A. Harvey of Ch. Ch., who sells them” - see Bod-inc, vol. 6, p. 2874.
Rev. Henry Auber Harvey (1824-1910), M.A., Christ Church, Oxford: see above.
Bernard Quaritch (1819-1899), bookseller, London: acting as John Ferguson's agent.
John Ferguson (1837-1916), Professor of Chemistry, University of Glasgow: purchased via Quaritch; Ferguson’s acquisition date on Harvey bookplate “19 Jan. 1885” and his brief bibliographical note on front free endpaper.
University of Glasgow: Ferguson collection purchase, 1921.
|Binding:||19th-century half parchment, buff paper-covered boards, gilt leather title label. Size: 200 x 153 mm.|
|Leaf size:||195 x 142 mm.|
|Annotations:||Leaves foliated in ink in an early hand (many leaf numbers cropped by binder).|