Homiliarius doctorum de tempore et de sanctis a Paulo Diacono collectus.
Speyer: Peter Drach, 7 Sept. 1482.
Fol. a-z8 ⁊8 A-B8 [C]8 D-O8 [P]8 Q-Z8 AA8 BB-CC6.  leaves (CC6 blank). a2 signed “a.i.”. BMC implies in error that quire P is signed.
Woodcut printer’s device.
ISTC ih00316000; GW 12928; Goff H316; BMC II 492 (IB. 8534); Bod-inc H-144; CIBN H-182; BSB-Ink H-324.
|Shelf-mark:||Sp Coll T.C.L. f3 (see main library entry for this item)|
|Provenance:||Augustus Gottlobus Wilhelmus Muldener (fl. 1766), of Frankenhausen, Thuringia, Germany: inscription on a1r “Augustus Gottlobus Wilhelmus Muldener Francohusae Die II Calend Junii 1766”.
Thomas Arthur (fl. 1856-1876), bookseller, London: sold book to William Euing.
William Euing (1788-1874), insurance broker, Glasgow: purchased from Arthur 5 Apr. 1870 according to Euing’s pencil acquisition note and price code “5. 4. 70 Arthur ah/f” on a1r; Euing’s inventory number “No 4673” in pencil on a1r and on front pastedown; source confirmed in Euing’s acquisition inventory (University of Glasgow Library, MS Euing 49).
Free Church College Library, Glasgow (later Trinity College Library), founded 1856: presented by William Euing, who in his acquisition inventory has noted “F[or] College May 1872”; oval embossed ownership stamp “Free Church College Library, Glasgow” on a1r; Trinity College Library shelfmarks in pencil “21/1” on front pastedown and “41A/1” on front free endpaper.
University of Glasgow: Trinity College Library placed on permanent deposit in University of Glasgow Library in 1974 by the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.
|Binding:||Germany, 19th-century light brown paper-covered boards and spine; covers decorated to a two-panel design using double blind and gold fillets, the centre panel containing a centre-piece in blind; fragment of printed German text used as spine strengthener; remains of early parchment and leather tabs. Size: 298 × 218 mm.|
|Leaf size:||287 x 210 mm.|
|Annotations:||Occasional 16th-century marginal annotations in dull red and in black ink; evidence of manuscript signatures in the unsigned quires “C” and “P”.|
|Decoration:||Seven-line initial “P” on a2r supplied in blue on a square red ground embellished with white foliate decoration and edged in green; other initials supplied in alternate red and blue throughout; paragraph marks in red throughout.|