Virtual Facilitation Skills
On this course we will explore ways to engage your audience and ensure active participation, and look at tools that can help with collaboration and idea generation, and encourage discussion. Join us for two 2.5-hour sessions and one 3-hour session that will explore hints and tips and what skills will help you get the most from your audience and your meetings. The workshop will also consider how to share content before, during and after meetings. We will cover the ways in which a successful facilitator will adapt their style and approach, depending on the precise needs of the group they are supporting, and we will look at ways you can adapt and be flexible with your style online.
Please note that this course involves pre-course reading and/or work which you should be able to complete in around 30-60 minutes.
This workshop may be of interest to anyone who has to facilitate working with groups, across a range of contexts: teams; focus groups; short life working groups, etc. This course comprises of two 2.5-hour sessions and one 3-hour session all of which are highly interactive. The course is designed to help participants be an effective confident facilitator in the virtual environment.
During the workshop, there will be an opportunity to:
- understand how to use ground rules and agendas
- explore different aspects of effective facilitation in virtual meetings
- understand how to adapt to the different stages of group development when facilitating
- gain insight into tools and techniques to encourage discussion, sharing of ideas, and ways to engage your audience
- practise the skills learned on the course
To view dates, times and to book a place or add your name to the waiting list for this workshop please login to the HR Self Service Portal