Challenging and Effective Conversations
Highly effective leaders and managers need to understand and have challenging and effective conversations and consider the risks associated with poor quality communication. In this workshop participants will develop an awareness of how their skills and style will influence the quality of conversations happening day to day. The workshop consists of 2 highly interactive sessions where participants are introduced to various models and techniques and have the opportunity to practice their skills to feel confident having different kinds of conversations. The workshop helps unpack challenging conversations from a range of perspectives and explores approaches to help successfully navigate difficult topics in a confident way.
This course involves pre-course reading and/or work which you should be able to complete in around 30-60 minutes.
Ideally suited to managers and leaders to help them unpack and better prepare for challenging conversations. Participants will be required to complete reading of pre-coursework prior to attending.
During the workshop, there will be an opportunity to:
- understand what makes a good quality conversation
- explore your own skills and style when communicating with others
- learn and practice various models and techniques
- increase awareness of different perspectives within conversations
- identify and practice the interpersonal skills required to have effective conversations
To view dates, times and to book a place or add your name to the waiting list for this workshop please login to the HR Self Service Portal