in a centrally managed room
There are three steps to booking a video conference:
- Book a room with video conferencing facilities - see Booking a room
- Complete the form below at least 5 working days before the proposed meeting date
- The VC team will contact you to discuss your requirements
About VC equipment in centrally managed rooms
A selection of centrally managed committee rooms, seminar rooms, and teaching rooms are equipped with video conferencing facilities. These can accommodate anything from a dozen to 314 people.
Most of these rooms include:
- Dual projection system: one for incoming speaker's picture, the other to display the PC or visualiser presentation
- Cameras allowing a number of different views of the speaker or audience
- Lectern monitor to show the outgoing picture, and a large monitor facing the lectern to show the incoming picture from the remote location(s), usually of the remote audience(s)
- Teaching room PC configured to share your presentation locally, and to the main or second screen at the remote location(s)
- A4 visualiser/document viewer to show documents, books etc
- Button or touch-panel to control the system
- Front of house and ceiling speakers for sound reinforcement
All sites use a lectern or tie clip mic for the lecturer, and some have a hand held radio mic for audience participation.
Let us know as early as possible if you may require extra equipment.
VC equipment in locally managed rooms
Some Schools and Colleges have video conferencing facilities in their locally managed meeting rooms, which you can book by contacting the relevant local IT support.