Video Conferencing enabled rooms
Video conferencing rooms of various sizes available containing the highest quality equipment, integrated with radio mics and room audio.
Installing the Zoom desktop client
The University Video Conferencing solution is called Zoom. If a personal device or staff SSD device see below, if using a teaching space you need to install for each use.
- Installer: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207373866-Zoom-Installers
- Help page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-Windows-and-Mac
- Domain uofglasgow
- Subsequently select sign in with SSO only using your GUID and password
- Bookmark link in browser
- Test link https://zoom.us/test(use to test out the product and can be added to invites for remote participants to test)
- Please contact the Helpdesk https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/it/helpdesk/
- Zoom Help Centre: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Zoom provides a high-quality video, audio, and/or screen sharing solution for conferencing and collaboration. Zoom is supported by AVIT and is our suggested videoconference solution; it can be used across the university in videoconference-enabled spaces, but can also be used by individuals in almost any room on campus and on personal devices.
- Full video conferencing functionality with screenshare
- Audio conferencing - telephone dial in
- Waiting rooms and breakout rooms
- Up to 500 attendees per session
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration
- Cloud recording storage
- Large Room (up to 500 attendees) or Webinar by request
- -Support for Android and iOS
- -Hardware (H.323) room connection support