Inspiring people since 1451
Our people have always been at the forefront of innovation
- James Watt gave power to the industrial revolution.
- Adam Smith laid the foundations of modern economics.
- Ian Donald showed us the first ultrasound image of a foetus.
- Joseph Lister gave us antiseptic in surgery.
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell discovered radio pulsars.
Changing the world is not only about making discoveries and creating new technologies. Informed leaders, creative thinkers and bold business minds have honed their skills at Glasgow.
The talents of some of the UK’s most influential political figures have been nurtured here. Award-winning writers have developed their craft. Human rights activists have gained their voice.
We are a place that inspires ambitious people to succeed. A place where inquiring minds can develop their ideas. A place where talented people are given the space to realise their dreams.
Most importantly, we are open to the world. Our doors are open to the brightest minds, regardless of background, who wish to study at university. We are open to collaboration and the exchange of knowledge with other universities, government and business.
To continue to be a world-class and progressive university, we are dedicated to bringing inspiring people together to change the world.