Loch Lomond, Scotland,
11-14 March 2019
Registration now closed
Registration now closed
The 7th Molecular Mechanisms of Axon Degeneration meeting will be held at Lodge on Loch Lomond and the neighbouring Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, 11-14 March 2019. Both venues sit on the shores of beautiful Loch Lomond, and are easily accessible from Glasgow International Airport. This meeting series was established by Michael Coleman (Cambridge) and Rudolf Martini (Würzburg) in 2006 to focus specifically on axon degeneration disorders and the underlying mechanisms. It alternates every two years between North America and Europe and attracts an excellent list of speakers, offers a friendly atmosphere for discussion and hosts around 100 delegates and speakers from all over the world. This is the first time the meeting has been held in Scotland so we aim to provide participants with a memorable cultural experience to go with some unforgettable scientific content.
The 2019 meeting will cover the following themes:
- Glial cells in axonal support and axonal injury in myelin disease
- Peripheral nerve
- Axonal specialisations (synapses, node of Ranvier)
- Motor neuron disease
- Wallerian degeneration
Day delegate includes lunch, tea/coffee and conference - £100 per person per day, Tuesday and Wednesday (Monday afternoon and Thursday morning are each charged at £50).
Single room occupancy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, all meals and conference - £825 (not-for-profit organisation) or £955 (commercial organisation) per person.
Twin room occupancy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, all meals and conference - £570 per person (not-for-profit organisation).
- Julia Edgar, Glasgow
- Michael Coleman, Cambridge
- Tom Gillingwater, Edinburgh
- Klaus-Armin Nave, Göttingen
- Thomas Schwarz, Boston
- Hugh Willison, Glasgow
- Robert Brown, Worcester, USA
- Elisabetta Babetto, New York, USA
- David Bennett, Oxford, UK
- Peter Brophy, Edinburgh, UK
- Chris Henderson, Cambridge, UK
- Don Mahad, Edinburgh, UK
- Rudolf Martini, Würzburg, Germany
- Jeff Milbrandt, St. Louis, USA
- Lukas Neukomm, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mary Reilly, London, UK
- Stefanie Schirmeier, Münster, Germany
- Rebecca Schüle, Tübingen, Germany
- James Sleigh, London, UK
- Kenneth Smith, London, UK
- Tara Spires-Jones, Edinburgh, UK
- Christine Stadelmann, Göttingen, Germany
- Charlotte Sumner, Baltimore, USA
- Richard Wade-Martins, Oxford, UK
- Tom Wishart, Edinburgh, UK
- Hosung Jung Seoul, South Korea
- Bostjan Kobe Brisbane, Australia
Axon Conference Abstract Submission
Poster abstracts should be submitted before 18th January 2019. Some of these will be selected for short oral presentations. Posters should be A0, portrait.
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words including Title, Author(s), Address of presenting author, Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion(s). Funders should be acknowledged and 1 or 2 key references may be included, but should be counted in the 500 word limit.
Figures should not be included.
After you have registered for the meeting, please e-mail your submission to Julia Edgar with the Subject heading 'Axon Conference Abstract'.