Data Management and Analysis MED6032
- Academic Session: 2022-23
- School: School of Health and Wellbeing
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 6 (SCQF level 12)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
This course enables trainees to consolidate foundational skills in data management and analysis, preparing them for more advanced training later in the programme.
Trainees attend lectures and workshops on the management, analysis, presentation and interpretation of quantitative data
Requirements of Entry
Data management exam (100%)
Main Assessment In: April/May
■ To revise and update knowledge of foundational techniques in data management and statistics.
■ To develop skills in interpreting and communicating quantitative analysis results.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
All learning outcomes are benchmarked to the standards of proficiency and the competence frameworks stipulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS).
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to appropriately manage, interpret and present quantitative data, and use descriptive and inferential statistics
2. Demonstrate an understanding of measures of central tendency and dispersion, and the assumptions that underlie the selection of specific statistical techniques.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.