Paediatric Truama MED5580
- Academic Session: 2022-23
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Either Semester 1 or Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
- Taught Wholly by Distance Learning: Yes
This course will explore the specific considerations of paediatric trauma and will provide the student with knowledge and skills to enhance their ability to deliver care.
A variety of teaching methods will be scheduled during the module that will include lectures and tutorials contextualised around the management of paediatric trauma.
Requirements of Entry
Summative assessment will be carried out 3 methods.
1. Written Multiple choice question examination (40%)
2. 1000 - 1500 word essay (40%)
3. Forum posts on case-based discussions (10%)
This course will introduce the student to the concept of paediatric trauma and specifically managing trauma in the paediatric population.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate a range of key elements of paediatric care
2. Undertake critical evaluation of an aspect of paediatric trauma care
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the critical considerations unique to paediatric population
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.