Economic & Social History 3: Research Methods In Econ & Social History A ESH3001
- Academic Session: 2023-24
- School: School of Social and Political Sciences
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 3 (SCQF level 9)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
Part of a suite of three courses aimed primarily at students taking the non-Honours MA
in Social Sciences.
To be arranged.
Requirements of Entry
40 credits of Level 2 Economic & Social History.
ESH3002 Research Methods in Economic and Social History B
ESH3003 Studies in Economic and Social History
One essay (100%)
To build basic skills in the historiography and bibliography of Economic and Social History focusing primarily on a single theme.
To enhance essay-writing skills.
To develop and improve library skills.
To develop transferable and other skills associated with the University's Employability strategy.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate reasonable independence and basic library skills in the
completion of a bibliography on a theme set by the module tutor.
1. Demonstrate basic understanding of the process of historical argumentation.
1. Show some critical awareness of a limited number of key published works
on a theme set by the module tutor.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
To submit formative and summative coursework by due deadlines.
Minimum standard of G.