Educational Enquiry 4 EDUC5862P
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 30
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
Students will construct and implement an enquiry into their own professional practice.
Blend of Lectures and Tutorials
Requirements of Entry
Mandatory Entry Requirements
D3 in Educational Enquiry 3
This course will be assessed by a report on the chosen topic for inquiry.
In accordance with the University's Code of Assessment reassessments are normally set for all courses which do not contribute to the honours classifications. For non honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students, and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions are listed below in this box.
The aim of the course is to enable students to implement a professional inquiry into their own practice.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Synthesise knowledge of policy practice and research
2. Apply critical knowledge and understanding of practitioner enquiry to the design, implementation and review of a small-scale enquiry
3. Analyse the methodological, professional and ethical dimensions of the processes of enquiry in education
4. Challenge and expand understanding of the impact of on-going enquiry and critical reflection on learning and teaching
5. Critically evaluate the significance of a commitment to practice-based career-long professional leaning and enquiry
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.