Educational Elective 4 (BA Hons in Community Development) EDUC4092P
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 4 (SCQF level 10)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
In this course students will have a choice of electives which will develop their disciplinary and/or pedagogical and/or interdisciplinary understandings which relate to their chosen context of education.
Blend of workshops and seminars.
Requirements of Entry
Mandatory Entry Requirements
D3 in BACD GPA
The specific assessment for this course will be dependent on the nature of the elective. However it will include 2 assignements: a project that is equivalent to 1000 words and a 1,500 - 2,000 word written assignment on a topics and prompts specific to course content and related to professional practice.
The course aims to deepen areas of specialisation for educators.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Apply critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis to issues at the forefront of education in their chosen sector
2. Critically review and consolidate knowledge, skills, practices and thinking in education
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.