Educational Elective 4 EDUC4084P
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 30
- Level: Level 4 (SCQF level 10)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
In this course students will have a choice of electives which will develop their disciplinary and/or pedagogical and/or interdisciplinary understandings which relate to their chosen context of education.
Blend of workshops and seminars and possible student visit out with University depending on availability.
Requirements of Entry
Mandatory Entry Requirements
D3 in Educational Elective 3
The assessment for this course will be dependent on the nature of the elective. It could be a 20-minute presentation to peers, tutors and an invited professional audience/or an essay/or a video or film or a report.
In accordance with the University's Code of Assessment reassessments are normally set for all courses which do not contribute to the honours classifications. For non honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students, and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions are listed below in this box.
The course aims to deepen areas of specialisation for educators.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Apply critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis to issues at the forefront of education in their chosen sector
2. Critically review and consolidate knowledge, skills, practices and thinking in education
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.