Teacher Learning and Curriculum Enquiry 3 EDUC3075P
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 30
- Level: Level 3 (SCQF level 9)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
This course will enable students to take an inquiry stance towards professional learning.
Blend of Lectures and Tutorials
Requirements of Entry
Mandatory Entry Requirements
D3 in all Year 2 courses
The course will be assessed by a written assignment, supported by required coursework.
In accordance with the University's Code of Assessment reassessments are normally set for all courses which do not contribute to the honours classifications. For non honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students, and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions are listed below in this box.
The course aims to prepare students to enquire into their own professional practice.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Describe and demonstrate how teacher learning supports developments in curriculum, policy and practice.
2. Critically analyse models of learning and curriculum enquiry
3. Evaluate and understand the ways in which professional epistemology has emerged.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.