Community Development Placement EDUC3049
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 60
- Level: Level 3 (SCQF level 9)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course enables students to critically reflect on the theories, knowledge and experience that they have gained in 1st and 2nd year and then to apply these in a different community development context from their usual work practice.
10 Sessions of 4 hour inputs and will include 300 hours of practice in the field to meet the Scottish Standard Board's practice requirements.
Requirements of Entry
Completion of 2nd year or equivalent.
1. The student will complete a project assignment of 3000 words (50%)
2. The student will be observed in a community development practice situation (20%)
3. Presentation of the community investigation (15%)
4. Peer assessed group work activity (15%)
To enable the students to apply a critical approach to community development in a different context.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
The students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate how values and theories translate into action within their placement
2. Develop appropriate strategies and models to affect social change in their placement context
3. Be critically aware of governance and organisational development
4. Assess their own strengths and areas for development as a practitioner
5. Analyse the impact of their work in the placement context
6. Adhere to academic conventions
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Each element of the course assessment must be passed