Study Trip: Local and Gobal Contexts EDUC2098
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 2 (SCQF level 8)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
This course introduces students to a range of local, national and international issues, which connect to community development practice.
2 sessions of 4 hours and study trip options will be the equivalent of remaining formal contact time
Requirements of Entry
1. Students will produce an individual Powerpoint presentation on their reflections and learning from the study trips. The Powerpoint will include extended notes and references. (60%)
2. Students will work in a group to produce a poster drawing on their study trip experience to demonstrate the connection between local, national and international issues (40%)
To enable students to become familiar with, and understand, concepts of globalisation within local, national and international contexts through the visiting of community based projects.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the connection between local, national and international issues
2. Analyse learning from community development project visits and relate to personal practice
3. Adhere to academic conventions
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Each element of the course assessment must be passed.