Education in Practice 2A: Learning through Curriculum EDUC2085P
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 2 (SCQF level 8)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
The courses which form Education in Practice 1-5 are the place in the programme where theory and practice combine and the sites of student learning are both the University and the school. These courses will house the partnership model of school experience.
Up to 30 hours face to face delivery with a blend of tutorials and seminars.
Requirements of Entry
Mandatory Entry Requirements
D3 in Education and Practice 1A and D3 in Education and Practice 1B.
Completion of Year 1 or appropriate direct entry to Year 2.
This course will be assessed by completion of an assignment.
To support students with planning, preparation, delivery and evaluation of a school curriculum which is underpinned by their knowledge of educational and learning theories.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the use of selected pedagogical approaches in learning
2. Analyse and evaluate the dynamic relationship between curriculum, pedagogy and assessment
3. Identify and construct learning and teaching cycles with specific reference to planning, delivery, assessment, evaluation and implementation
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment. Students must have an 80% attendance at tutorial and lectures and 90% attendance on School Experience Placement.