Professional Enquiry: Planning A Project EDUC2035
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 2 (SCQF level 8)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
Students are supported in planning a project within their setting which will provide them the opportunity to lead and manage a team.
3 full day inputs from 9am to 3.30pm
Requirements of Entry
This course will be assessed in two parts.
1. Students will present a situational analysis, demonstrating the process used to gather evidence and identify how an aspect of the Children and Young People's (Scotland) Act 2014 will be implemented (no word count) - 40%
2. Using the situational analysis presented as above, and their professional reflection against the Standard for Childhood Practice (SSSC, 2015), participants will plan a project that outlines both the personnel and systems requirements necessary to take forward their own development toward becoming an effective manager and leader. (1500 words +/- 10%) - 60%
This course aims to:
enable participants to analyse their setting and plan for change
introduce some of the key strategies and challenges involved in change for improvement
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
complete a situational analysis of their setting
use of a range of evidence to identify strengths and areas for development within their establishment
indicate areas for self-improvement toward being an effective leader and manager, using critical reflection
discuss leadership and management issues in Childhood Practice, blending theoretical and practical perspectives, relating to an improvement in their setting and utilising the evidence gathered
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
At least 66% attendance. Students must attend the equivalent of 2 full days of input out of 3.
Participation in formative assessment task.
Submission of summative assessment task.
Students must pass two out of the three assessment elements to obtain a pass grade.