Community Development Practice EDUC1066
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Education
- Credits: 40
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course focuses on helping students to make connections between their practice experience and relevant theoretical ideas.
16 sessions of 3 hours which and include 450 hours of practice in the field to meet the Scottish Standard Board's practice requirements.
Requirements of Entry
1. 2000 word assignment (50%)
2. The student will be observed in a community development practice situation (25%)
3. The student will do a verbal presentation of a community map (25%)
To enable the student to apply the community development process in a range of settings.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
The students will be able to:
1 Determine appropriate strategies, models and theories to affect social change in a particular community context
2 Recognise how values and theories informed their community development practice
3 Evaluate the planning and implementation of the community development process
4 Reflect on their own strengths and weaknesses as a practitioner over the duration of the course
5 Assess the impact of their actions
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Each element of the course assessment must be passed