Maxillofacial Trauma DENT5080
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course will provide a wide knowledge base in maxillofacial trauma and the integration of techniques.
The timetable will include seminars, tutorials and clinical teaching.
Requirements of Entry
2000 word essay 50%
Oral clinical assessment 50%
Acquisition and integration of a knowledge base in maxillofacial trauma.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
On completion of this course the student will be able to demonstrate critical knowledge:
1. Of the aetiology and diagnosis of facial fractures.
1. And competence in the management of facial injuries and their complications.
2. And understanding of the diagnostic aids in maxillofacial trauma.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.