Dentofacial Deformities DENT5078
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course provides a knowledge base in the aetiology, diagnosis and management of dentofacial deformity.
The timetable will include seminars, tutorials and clinical teaching.
Requirements of Entry
One hour written examination: short answer questions 50%
Oral clinical assessment 50%
Acquisition and integration of a knowledge base in the aetiology, diagnosis and management of dentofacial deformity.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
On completion of this course the student will be able to demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of the:
1. Clinical diagnosis of dentofacial deformities.
1. Surgical techniques required in the treatment of dentofacial deformities.
2. Importance of a multidisciplinary approach and the role of each member of the team.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.