Temporomandibular Joint Diseases DENT5038
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course provides a solid knowledge base in the anatomy and diagnosis of temporomandibular joint diseases.
The timetable will include seminars, tutorials and clinical teaching.
Requirements of Entry
One hour written examination: short answer questions 50%
Oral clinical assessment 50%
Acquisition and integration of a knowledge base of the anatomy, normal function, diseases, and
surgical and non-surgical management of the temporomandibular joint.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
On completion of the course the student will be able to demonstrate:
1. Critical knowledge of the etiology, diagnosis and management of temporomandibular joint
2. Critical knowledge and competency in the utilisation of diagnostic aids for the proper management
of patients with temporomandibular joint pathology.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.