BDS2(Written Examination Component) DENT2004
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 0
- Level: Level 2 (SCQF level 8)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This Course Descriptor is for the written exam only in BDS2. Full information on the BDS2 course is contained in course descriptor DENT2002.
Please see DENT2002 for timetable
Requirements of Entry
Satisfactory completion of BDS1
DENT2003 (OSCE); DENT2015 (pre clinical skills); DENT2002 - BDS2
Components of summative assessments:
Professional examination consisting of:
a) two written papers, the marks for which will be aggregated:
1. Ninety minutes: short, objective questions
2. Two hours: modified essay questions for written element of assessment.
Main Assessment In: April/May
To build on the first year curriculum by providing learning opportunities and experiences that expand and deepen understanding of the scientific foundations of clinical practice.
To provide learning opportunities and experiences, including the direct care of patients, that begin the development of clinical skills and that will lead to the attainment of competence in the more basic of these skills in this year.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
Please see DENT2002 for Learning Outcomes
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Not credit bearing. Credits are attached to DENT2002