Hungarian Language 1 CEES1002
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: School of Social and Political Sciences
- Credits: 40
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Runs Throughout Semesters 1 and 2
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
This course is a beginner's level Hungarian language course it is primarily aimed at those students with no or limited Hungarian language skills.
The course will be taught on a weekly basis at 11.00 - 13.00 on Mondays and Fridays.
Requirements of Entry
Hungarian Language for Academic Research in Social Sciences and Humanities 1A & 1B
Coursework, based on the assessed work outlined below, is weighted at 30%. The final examination, as described below, is weighted at 70%.
1. Average of assessed written language work - weighted at ½.
2. Average of spoken language marks awarded - weighted at ½.
1. A 2-hour written examination paper (1/2).
2. A short oral exam (1/2).
Main Assessment In: April/May
This course aims students with an introduction to Hungarian language it is primarily aimed at those students with no or limited Hungarian language skills, helping them acquire an initial vocabulary which can be used in a Hungarian-speaking environment.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this programme students will be able to:
■ Engage in basic communicative situation in the Hungarian language.
■ Express themselves in Hungarian writing in basic situations
■ To read and understand basic Hungarian texts.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits