More Arabic stage 1 ADED11494
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: Short Courses
- Credits: 0
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Summer
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
Aimed at those who have completed Arabic Stage 1 or equivalent and want to continue to consolidate and practise what they have learned.
Weekly two-hour classes for 5 weeks
Block 3, Weeks 1-5: Wednesday 7.30 - 9.30
Requirements of Entry
Students should have normally successfully completed Arabic Stage 1, or equivalent.
Are reassessment opportunities available for all summative assessments? No
Reassessments are normally available for all courses, except those which contribute to the Honours classification. For non-Honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions for this course are described below.
■ To enable students to achieve a basic level of communicative competency and linguistic accuracy in the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening to Arabic.
■ To develop students' knowledge and understanding of the structure of the Arabic language.
■ To enable students to apply this knowledge practically, in speaking activities with other students, simultaneously developing their communication skills and encouraging autonomous learning.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course (in Arabic) students will be able to:
- Provide information about themselves and other people (e.g. a friend) while participating in a variety of speaking activities.
- Identify a few words of basic Arabic script.
- Provide information about their likes and dislikes, when conversing with other students.
- Produce a piece of written work in Arabic script, roughly 30 words in length.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits