More Reading in Ancient Egyptian 2 ADED11422
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: Short Courses
- Credits: 0
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course is aimed at those who have a basic knowledge of Middle Egyptian hieroglyphs and who wish to continue to develop their reading skills. The course will focus on case study texts which will be read together in class. Some grammar will be covered for revision purposes, but the course is not suitable for complete beginners.
2 hours per week for 10 weeks
Block 2: Thursday 14.00-16.00
Requirements of Entry
Reading knowledge of Middle Egyptian, at least to the level of Ancient Egyptian Texts 1B.
Are reassessment opportunities available for all summative assessments? No
Reassessments are normally available for all courses, except those which contribute to the Honours classification. For non-Honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions for this course are described below.
This course aims
- to give students the chance to develop their reading skills in Middle Egyptian
- to improve students' grasp of grammar
- to expose students to a variety of texts to broaden their experience.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- read Middle Egyptian texts with greater dexterity
- handle a wide variety of grammatical forms
- approach previously unseen texts with confidence.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits