More Italian Stage 3 ADED11297
- Academic Session: 2019-20
- School: Short Courses
- Credits: 0
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Summer
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
Consolidation of what students learned in Italian Stage 3
2 hours per week for 5 weeks
Friday 13.00 - 15.00
Requirements of Entry
Italian Stage 3 or equivalent.
Are reassessment opportunities available for all summative assessments? No
Reassessments are normally available for all courses, except those which contribute to the Honours classification. For non-Honours courses, students are offered reassessment in all or any of the components of assessment if the satisfactory (threshold) grade for the overall course is not achieved at the first attempt. This is normally grade D3 for undergraduate students and grade C3 for postgraduate students. Exceptionally it may not be possible to offer reassessment of some coursework items, in which case the mark achieved at the first attempt will be counted towards the final course grade. Any such exceptions for this course are described below.
To enable students to achieve an intermediate level of communicative competency and linguistic accuracy in the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening to Italian. The course should develop students' knowledge and understanding of the structure of the Italian language, enable them to apply this knowledge practically, in speaking activities with other students, simultaneously developing their communication skills and encouraging autonomous learning.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
Students should be able to:
- Talk about a journey abroad in some detail. Describe something that has just happened. Would they like to change their job? Yes/no/why?
Students produce a piece of written work (roughly 200 words):
- Job application form - compile and fill in a job application form including a CV.
- What would students do if they were the Prime Minister? Talk about a newly published book, recently released film. Tomorrow's weather forecast.
- Write about your favourite TV character, character in a novel or cinema actor etc.
- Write a short review of their favourite book, film etc.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits