Role and Remit
The Policy & Business Intelligence Team works in a number of different ways to support the academic research community throughout the College to ensure excellent research of the highest quality can be delivered.
- Supporting research strategy through the Dean of Research and the College Research & Knowledge Transfer Committee.
- Supporting and coordinating the College’s submission for the future Research Excellence Framework (REF), including providing advice and guidance to College Senior Management on REF rules and regulations, developing and implementing process and procedures to facilitate the College’s REF submission, and coordinating interim and ongoing reviews of research quality.
- Lead the implementation of the College’s research relevant policies including those related to Open Access to data and publications and workload modelling, and liaising with key staff in the College and University Services to ensure that research policies are adjusted and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Provision and analysis of a range of standardised and bespoke reports providing regular management information (including KPIs and benchmarking with Russell Group peers) for Research Institutes, Schools and College Senior Management to enable monitoring of performance and inform strategic and operational decision making across all areas of College business.
- Responsibility for assessing data quality on central systems to check that data is being accurately and consistently recorded; resolving any data quality issues both by liaising with relevant staff to ensure data is corrected but also identifying any amendments to process/policy/systems/training that would prevent such data quality issues recurring; and responsibility to ensure accurate reporting to HESA to make sure College business is portrayed optimally.
- Developing and supporting the College’s Impact Strategy in the Capturing Impact theme and driving forward the development of tools and reports to capture impact activity across all areas of the College.
- Providing management information reporting specifically in support of the College’s gender equality agenda and supporting the College Gender Equality Committee and Institute/School Self-Assessment Teams (SATs) which includes a commitment to the achievement and maintenance of Athena SWAN accreditation across the College.