Thermodynamics of Engines 3 ENG3053
- Academic Session: 2021-22
- School: School of Engineering
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 3 (SCQF level 9)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: Yes
- Available to Erasmus Students: Yes
This course is designed to give the students advanced knowledge and understanding of the thermodynamics principles of engines.
2 lectures per week
100% Written Exam
Main Assessment In: December
The aim of this course is to give the students an understanding of the thermodynamics of internal combustion engines.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able to:
■ describe the main components of internal combustion engines;
■ perform analysis of internal combustion engine thermodynamic cycles;
■ determine, theoretically as well as experimentally, basic engine performance parameters.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must attend the degree examination.