Elements Of Law For Engineers 1 LAW1011
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: School of Law
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 1 (SCQF level 7)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This course introduces engineering students to those branches of law which are thought to be of most practical interest for engineering students.
One Hour lectures Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 1100
Requirements of Entry
3RYX PROFESSIONAL STUDIES 4 (ENGINEERING)
Main Assessment In: April/May
To introduce engineering students to those aspects of law which are most relevant to engineering practice;
To promote familiarity with and understanding of those areas of law;
To develop skills of analysis and problem solving;
To facilitate effective written expression and argumentation.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course students will be able
· To explain the essential principles of the law relevant to engineering practice
· To apply the relevant provisions of that law to basic factual situations.
As this is a course taught to 4th year students the generic skills required for this introductory course will have been acquired in previous years. The subject-specific skills which are required to understand the nature of legal rules and principles and apply them will be taught during the lectures and seminars.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Achievement of Grade E (30-39%) or above in the final examination.