Come to Glasgow
If you are a student from an overseas university, you may study at Glasgow for a single semester or a whole year. During that time you can choose courses that best suit your interests and the degree requirements of your home institution.
Please read on for information on what to do when you arrive at our School.
Find out more at Study Abroad & Exchange.
Information for students coming to Glasgow to study Computing Science
Welcome to Glasgow and the School of Computing Science.
For courses whose codes start with COMPxxxx only (for other courses, please contact the relevant School, eg ENG = School of Engineering; PHYS = School of Physics & Astronomy).
This page contains information for the following incoming visiting students, on arrival.
- Exchange students
- Study Abroad students
- Erasmus students
- Science without Borders students
Dr Oana Andrei is the coordinator of visiting students' programmes of study in the School. Best way of contact is by email. Her office is located at:
F113, 18 Lilybank Gardens, G12 8RZ (access via the 1st Floor corridor)
If any of the courses you select were not approved initially, you will need to discuss your choices with the Exchange Coordinator. Please read the following instructions carefully.
- Review the list of Computing Science courses (COMPxxxx) available to incoming visiting students at www.gla.ac.uk/coursecatalogue/courselist/?code=COMPSCI&name=Computing+Science
- Send an email to the Exchange Coordinator with your choices. Include your transcripts and whether you are in Glasgow for one semester or a full year.
- Your course choices must be approved by your home institution (and the Exchange Coordinator will assume that this is the case).
- Include your name and student number in the subject in all emails.
- If needed, the Exchange Coordinator will set a meeting to discuss your choices.
Do not hesitate to contact the Exchange Coordinator if you have any other query or would like to arrange a meeting.
Useful information about studying in the School can be found in the Exchange Class Guide 2019-20 (to be updated for 2020-21).