- Animal Movement & Behaviour
How do animals move through the environment and what factors influence their behaviour?
- Quantitative & Statistical Modelling
Develop quantitative techniques to understand the mechanisms driving movement patterns and distributions.
- Predictive Mapping & Risk Management
Apply and advance distribution models to better understand the threats posed to animal populations and the dynamics of their pathogens.
- Blog post in Africa Geographic, "An app theat eases tourist congestion during the wildebeest migration"
- Article in The Observer, "Fantastic journey: why animals are driven to migrate"
- Scientific American, "Epic animal migrations could change with global warming"
- Research highlights: humans have greater impact than food or predators on the epic Serengeti migration of wildebeest and zebra [Grant Hopcraft radio piece]
- Natural History Magazine, "Into the Blue Serengeti"
- Oceanography Magazine, "Savannas of the Sea"
- New York Times, "Road kill in the Serengeti?"
Seabird spatial ecology: