Corporate Finance ACCFIN5205
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: Adam Smith Business School
- Credits: 20
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 1
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
This postgraduate course provides students with an understanding of this principal issues involved in Corporate Finance.
10 x 2 hour teaching sessions and 4 x 1 hour tutorials
Requirements of Entry
Please refer to the current postgraduate prospectus at: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/
International Corporate Finance (ACCFIN5204)
Foundations of International Corporate Finance (ACCFIN5203)
25% Group Coursework, 75% Final Exam
Main Assessment In: December
The overall aim of the course is to give students a critical focus of corporate finance and the functions of the securities marks and the optimal investment strategy under rational market conditions. Students will develop critical skills in assessing the relevance of the principles of Finance to real-world situations.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
1. Evaluate different theories of capital structure both in the context of perfect capital markets and under market imperfections.
2. Understand the sources, consequences, and possible remedies for information asymmetries and agency conflicts in a corporation.
3. Analyse the role of different sources of corporate financing (short-term and long-term, equity and debt).
4. Understand the concept and different aspects of corporate governance.
5. Work collaboratively in a group to produce a combined output, by liaising with other class members, allocating tasks and co-ordinating group meetings.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.