Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Research DENT5075
- Academic Session: 2022-23
- School: School of Medicine Dentistry and Nursing
- Credits: 100
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Full Year
- Available to Visiting Students: No
Research Component of the MSc (Dent Sci) in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
The timetable will include seminars,clinical teaching, and self directed learning.
Dissertation - 50%
Oral assessment and presentation - 50%
To facilitate the acquisition, integration and synthesis of research skills, promoting high quality clinical, academic and research standards within a supportive environment.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
At the end of the course the student should be able to demonstrate:
1. A critical understanding of the range of design solutions used in quantitative research and audit.
2. A critical understanding of the importance of methodological rigour in testing hypotheses.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.